Spanish omelette. Spanish Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) is perfect served hot or cold, and so easy to make! Crispy, fried potatoes and eggs make up this popular Spanish Omelette (Tortilla) recipe, perfect for picnics, parties, bbq's, or your traditional Tapas menu! Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside).
Found this recipe on the internet. It had ingredients that I like and was stated to be a typical spanish omelette. Update: This is just the basic start, use this and then add seasonings, vegetables and meats and/or cheeses to suit your taste. You succeed steaming sear Spanish omelette using 6 technique also 7 also. Here you go carry out.
modus operandi of Spanish omelette
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 3 of waxy potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 2 pinches of salt.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion.
After cooking it you might want to add ketchup, salsa or hot pepper sauce, be creative!!!! Spanish omelette or Spanish tortilla is a traditional dish from Spain and one of the signature dishes in the Spanish cuisine. It is an omelette made with eggs and potatoes, optionally including onion. It is often served at room temperature as a tapa.
Spanish omelette separately
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into thin slices..
- Fry the slices in oil for twenty minutes, adding chopped onion after 3 minutes..
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking (with the onions) whisk 4 eggs in a jug..
- After the potatoes and onions are cooked lay them flat in a separate pan..
- Then add the egg pouring it evenly around the pan, like you would for a traditional omelette..
- Wait until liftable and flip the whole thing upside down so it cooks on both sides..
- Now put it on a plate and it is ready to eat.
It is commonly known in Spanish-speaking countries as tortilla de patatas, tortilla de papas or tortilla española "This classic Spanish dish is very versatile and quick to whip up. The tortilla (or Spanish omelette) can be served hot or cold and is a fantastic way of using up all kinds of ingredients - simply add in any leftover vegetables, crumbled or grated cheese, jarred red peppers or cooked sausage. Tortilla, or Spanish omelette, can be served as a main course or, because it is good served cold, it makes excellent picnic food. In Spain they serve it as tapas, cut into small cubes and speared. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.