Masgouf (Iraqi Fish). The famous fish dish eaten along the Tigris. Iraqi Jews were so fond of doing fish in this way that many try to reproduce the effect on. Masgouf is an Iraqi tradition unlike any other.
Masgouf - Grilled Fish - Iraqi Food - Grill Fish - Maskoof - Masgoof - Catla - Masgouf is a grilled fish delicacy considered by many as the national dish of. Iraqi grilled fish, called masgouf, is another ancient recipe and considered to be the national dish of Iraq. One can imagine pulling carp from the two rivers that meander. You doing broiling sear Masgouf (Iraqi Fish) using 15 modus operandi including 4 along with. Here you go consummate.
instructions of Masgouf (Iraqi Fish)
- Prepare 1 of Carp Fish (Seabass can also be used).
- It's 4 of Onions.
- Prepare 3 of Tomatoes.
- It's 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Fish Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Mixed Herbs.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Turmeric.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Paprika.
- It's 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- It's 1 of Whole Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Paste.
Masgouf was a big part of their lives in Baghdad, since my great grandmother, Yemmah Ettie, would cook the dish for the whole family every Friday. Masgouf - Grilled Fish - Iraqi Food - Grill Fish - Maskoof - Masgoof - Catla Masqouf or Masgouf is Iraq's national dish. This is grilled Carp and is prepared in an unique way. Masgouf is a fish cooking technique very popular in Iraq, particularly in Baghdad.
Masgouf (Iraqi Fish) singly
- It is Iraqi tradition to use Carp fish for Masgouf, however should you find it difficult to find this type, Seabass or Seabream work well too. Have your fishmonger descale, gut and clean the fish, and split lengthwise from the bell only should you wish to split this part. Make sure to wash the fish when you get home with cold water, lemon and vinegar. Pre-heat the grill oven at 200C..
- In a small bowl, mix all seasoning together along with the vegetable oil and tomato puree. Oil the base of a large baking tray that will fit with the fish open in a butterfly position. Slice the onions and tomatoes in large chunks and place around the fish in the baking tray..
- Coat the entire fish with the seasoning using a brush, both inside and outside. Laying the fish scale side flat down and grill the fish in the oven. Make sure the tray is placed almost at the bottom of the oven to slow grill the fish for 1 hour. Keep an eye on the fish incase it starts to dry/burn, either move it further down in the over or lower the temperature..
- After an hour, feel free to re-coat the fish again with any seasoning left in order to not dry up the fish and pop back in the grill for up to 45minutes..
With only a tiny sliver of coastline, Iraqis have always been fond of freshwater fish. Masgouf is the simple, delicious national dish of the country. Masgouf is a traditional Iraqi dish, it is an open cut fish grilled and spiced with salt, pepper and tamarind. Much-Loved Masgouf, An Iraqi National Dish : The Salt The lack of clean water, sanctions and ISIS have all contributed to depleting the supply of fish that is salted. Masgouf is a fish dish eaten all around Iraq and often referred to as the national dish of the The fish used to prepare masgouf is usually freshwater carp, which is butterflied.