Palakh paneer. Palak paneer recipe - Indian cottage cheese in smooth creamy delicious spinach gravy. Palak paneer is one of the most loved North Indian dishes that's eaten with roti, paratha, naan, Jeera rice, Ghee rice or even with plain rice. It is very easy to prepare and can be made in so many ways.
But it goes well with naan or jeera rice too. Palak paneer with video and step by step photos. One of the most popular Indian dishes is palak paneer - soft cottage cheese cubes in a mild spiced smooth spinach sauce. You perform grilling toast Palakh paneer accepting 16 procedure as a consequence 10 steps. Here is how you consummate.
technique of Palakh paneer
- It's 3 of standard measuring cup tightly filled spinach.
- It's 2 of onions chopped (or 1 big onion + 1/2 cup spring onions).
- Prepare 1 of large size tomato finely chopped.
- You need 8-9 cloves of garlic (or 5 cloves + 1/4 cup green garlic) paste.
- Prepare 2 inches of ginger paste.
- You need 5 of +/- green chillies (depends on its spiciness. I used 15).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of kasoori methi.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- It's 8-10 of cashew (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
- It's 2 inches of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 2 of green cardemom.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of jeera.
- It's 150-200 gr of paneer.
It is smooth creamy dish made with fresh spinach leaves, paneer (cottage cheese), onions, herbs and spices. Place the colander in the sink. Heat the milk in a large non-reactive saucepan over. palak paneer recipe how to make palak paneer recipe restaurant style with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy green coloured paneer recipe prepared mainly from the thick paste of spinach puree. basically, the easy palak paneer recipe hails from the popular north indian cuisine or punjabi cuisine and is typically served with tandoor roti & naan. there are many ways to prepare it, but.
Palakh paneer process
- Thoroughly remove stems from spinach. Wash, drain and then dry on a cloth..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and saute green chillies, spring onions and green garlic (if using) and spinach for 4-5 minutes or till the raw smell of them disappears..
- Grind cashew along with water into paste. Add spinach mixure in the same and grind again into smooth paste. Keep aside..
- Take 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add jeera, cinnamon, cardemom and cloves. When they leave aroma, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute and add onions next. Saute till they are translucent and tender..
- Add tomatoes and salt. Fry till the tomatoes are mushy. Add garam masala and kasoori methi. Saute till oil release. Turn off the heat and keep aside till it cools down. Grind it into fine paste. Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add the onion tomato paste along with 150 ml water. Cover and let it boil for 2-3 minutes or until you get the desired thickness..
- Add the green paste and paneer. Combine well. Add water if it looks too thick. Bring it to a boil (for not more than 2-3 minutes). Add chopped green chillies if the gravy is not spicy enough..
- The green colour of sabzi in the picture is unedited. This recipe gives it lushy green colour. Following are the tips for the colour...1. very little use of garam masala powder 2. Adding cashew paste. 3. Not over cooking spinach/gravy..
- Spinach : 1. Avoid using dark green leaves of spinach as they taste bitter. 2. It is important to remove stems from spinach to avoid bitterness..
- Paneer : no need to sauté paneer. You can directly add it in the gravy. Yet if you want to sauté, do it only a little till paneer heats up. Over heating will make paneer chewy. Transfer paneer straight to sabzi after sauteing. Or rest it in warm water while the sabzi is still being cooked. Soft and creamy paneer tastes nice in this sabzi..
- You can totally skip the grinding of red gravy. I grind it as my hubby likes very smooth gravy. You may also garnish it with fresh cream..
Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India. Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube. After so many years of cooking, my family has decided my cooking skills have improved! I wanted to do this recipe again as with modified cooking method.