Paneer and potato curry. Heat a saucepan or large (lidded) frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and once hot fry the paneer for two minutes on each side, or until the cubes are coloured. Aloo Paneer Recipe - Shallow fried paneer and potato cubes are simmered in medium spicy, flavorful and slightly cream onion tomato gravy.
This was the first time we have had a curry with paneer in it. And, if cheese in a curry sounds a bit strange, don't be scared. Since we like our curries to have a bit of warmth, the cheese creates a nice smooth, creaminess that contrasts the bold flavors of the curry and the slight heat of the dish. You create steeping scald Paneer and potato curry accepting 13 process furthermore 6 along with. Here is how you perform.
process of Paneer and potato curry
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It's 200 grams of paneer.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of large onion.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes (half it if you don’t like very spicy food).
- You need 1 tbsp of mild curry powder.
- It's 3 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 200 ml of tinned tomatoes.
- It's 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need of Yoghurt (optional).
- Prepare of Lime pickle (optional).
- It's of Basmati rice.
Using Curry Powder To Make An Easy Curry Method. Aloo muttar paneer is a Bangladeshi dish made up of potatoes, paneer and peas. The spicy vegetarian curry embraces cumin, garlic and green cayenne chillies. Soft, fluffy potato and cubes of paneer soak up the flavours of the sauce in this light, delicious curry, while the chickpeas add a lovely texture.
Paneer and potato curry process
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the paneer and potatoes into small cubes, finely chop the onion..
- Fry the paneer in the olive oil for couple of minutes until nicely browned. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- Fry the onions with some salt and pepper until golden. Then add crushed garlic, chilli flakes, curry powder and two tablespoons of water. Fry for few more minutes over a low heat and then add potato..
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, bring to simmer, cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. The sauce should be thickened..
- Add the paneer and heat through for 3-4 minutes..
- Serve with some basmati rice. I also like to add a bit of yoghurt and lime pickle on the side. This time I had some left over chard, so I fried it and topped the curry for some extra vegetables. Enjoy!.
This dish is very popular in Kolkata and best served with rice or chapattis. Recipe from Chai, Chaat & Chutney by Chetna Makan, published by Mitchell. Paneer and mixed vegetable curry recipe is a divine recipe for paneer lovers. This popular vegetarian curry is made with easy stewing technique. Paneer Recipes are a favourite pick among the pool of popular Indian veg recipes.