Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese/Tofu). Made the Vegan Palak Paneer with Curried Tofu this week and loved it (as with all MB recipes!). I try to make recipes that will have leftovers and starting out the spinach didn't seem to be as much as I hoped so I doubled the amount of spinach. I didn't feel like I had to adjust anything to accommodate the extra spinach.
It's a creamy spinach curry (Palak) with the traditional Indian cheese (Paneer). To make this dish vegan, we're using tofu instead of paneer. Firm tofu is actually consistency-wise very similar to paneer, so it's the perfect substitution! You achieve toasting steam Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese/Tofu) accepting 7 ingredients as well as 5 furthermore. Here you are win.
process of Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese/Tofu)
- Prepare 1 of big bowl fresh spinach.
- It's 1/2 bowl of paneer/tofu.
- It's 1 of Chopped onion.
- Prepare of Ginger and garlic chopped.
- It's of Green chilli.
- It's of Spices.
- You need of Salt and oil.
This Vegan Palak Tofu Paneer is the easiest Vegan Palak Paneer with Tofu. Serve over cooked grains of choice or with flatbread. Jump to Recipe Palak Paneer or spinach with Indian cottage cheese (paneer) is a very popular Indian recipe, one that you find on the menu card of every Indian restaurant and this Palak Tofu recipe is exactly the same, the only difference is that I have swapped the paneer with tofu. If you're craving comfort in the form of an Indian curry, this vegan palak tofu paneer is the recipe for you!
Palak Paneer (Spinach Cheese/Tofu) modus operandi
- Roughly chopped and washed spinach.
- Boil water followed by one tbsp salt and add washed spinach for 5-7 minutes.
- Now drain it in a cold water and make a purée of it.
- Now in a wok add one tbsp oil and cumin seeds,add ginger garlic and onion and sauté it for 2-4 minutes,now add spices and give it a good mix and add purée into it,give it a good boil and add Paneer/tofu into it....
- Serve it with naan or chapati with love 💕.
It has a beautiful vibrantly green (like, you know this stuff is going to be good for you), creamy, and super flavorful spinach gravy base and crispy-edged, soft inside, crumbly tofu, which stands in for the soft farmers cheese that is paneer. I love eating palak paneer with plain paratha or roti. But it goes well with naan or jeera rice too. Palak paneer is a popular north Indian dish typically made with a spiced yet mild curry or gravy with spinach (palak) and cubes of soft Indian cheese (paneer). The sauce often contains a bit of heavy cream as well.