Roasted cauliflower and paneer "curry". A deliciously tasty vegetable curry with paneer and chickpeas. Topped with spicy, crispy roasted cauliflower. Stir in the yogurt and serve topped with the roasted cauliflower.
Cauliflower Paneer Curry - Gobi Paneer Curry. This is a one pot Cauliflower Paneer Curry with coconut milk. A quick curry for those busy weekdays. You perform toasting fry Roasted cauliflower and paneer "curry" applying 16 compound furthermore 8 as a consequence. Here you go do one proud.
method of Roasted cauliflower and paneer "curry"
- It's Half of a head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil or sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 of red onions.
- Prepare inch of cube root ginger.
- It's 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 of heaped teaspoon of Nigella seeds.
- You need 1 of heaped teaspoon cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare half of tin chickpeas.
- Prepare half of cup frozen peas.
- It's 100 g of fresh spinach (could use frozen).
- You need 110 g of (half a pack) paneer (Indian cheese).
- It's of salt.
This simple paneer and cauliflower curry is spiced with warming turmeric and ginger. Take your time and don't stir too much or you will create steam, which will hinder the colouring. So this cauliflower paneer kofta curry is a mildly spiced creamy based curry. Heat a pan and dry roast cauliflower until it feels completely dry and no more wet moisture content is present.
Roasted cauliflower and paneer "curry" program
- Heat the oven to 200˚c. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and lightly toss in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil..
- Put in a roasting dish and cook in the preheated oven for approx 30 - 40 minutes, depending on how crisp you like it. Remember not to overcook it as it needs some bite to stay together in the finished dish..
- Whilst your cauliflower is cooking, add half a tablespoon of oil to a pan and fry your onions, ginger and chilli for 5 minutes to release the flavour..
- Add the dry spices to the pan and continue to fry for a minute or so longer..
- Add the drained chickpeas to the pan, coat in the spice mixture and then add the tomatoes. Simmer on a low/medium heat for approx. 10-15 minutes until slightly reduced..
- Heat the remaining olive oil on a small non-stick frying pan and cook the paneer over a medium to high heat until crisp and lightly brown. This should take about 5 minutes. Remember to keep stirring every minute or so to stop it form catching. (If you like really crispy paneer, you can coat it in some cornflour or semolina beforehand.).
- Whilst the paneer is cooking, add the roasted cauliflower and garlic, peas and spinach to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes until the peas and spinach are cooked through..
- Once your paneer is cooked, add it to the cauliflower and sauce and serve in warm bowls. This makes a great meat-free main meal but is also lovely as a side dish served with chicken tikka or pan fried spicy salmon..
Cauliflower Paneer Kofta Curry is a lip-smacking North Indian recipe that you can prepare for your family and friends on occasions like kitty party, potluck and anniversary. When you have guests coming over to your house, then don't hesitate and make this extravagant. I find cauliflower a rather bland vegetable; however, the addition of curry powder really perks it up. Learn how to make Roasted cauliflower and tofu curry & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Combine cauliflower and tofu in a large bowl.