Nasi Kuning / Turmeric Rice. During festivities and thanksgiving ceremonies, Nasi Kuning usually comes in a form of cone, or tumpeng. It is served with a variety of side dishes, such as. Nasi kuning is a popular rice dish in Southeast Asia, especially in the Southeast Asia regions.
And apparently for good reason, since nasi kuning is a dish often served for special occasions in Indonesian culture. Because of the turmeric and the Rest assured, it certainly won't be the last time I add coconut milk to cook rice. Each grain of the finished nasi kuning dish tasted incredibly decadent. You create brewing imbue Nasi Kuning / Turmeric Rice proving 7 receipt along with 7 along with. Here is how you do one proud.
method of Nasi Kuning / Turmeric Rice
- You need 300-400 gram of white rice, cleaned and washed.
- You need 500-550 of Of thin coconut milk.
- You need 2 of lemongrasses.
- You need 2 of thai basil leaves.
- It's 3 tbsp of powdered turmeric or 2 grated fresh turmerics.
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
- It's of Some oil.
Nasi kuning (Indonesian for: "yellow rice"), or sometimes called nasi kunyit (Indonesian for: "turmeric rice"), is an Indonesian fragrant rice dish cooked with coconut milk and turmeric, hence the name nasi kuning (yellow rice). Nasi Kunyit is glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk and turmeric. This celebratory dish is usually served with curries during weddings and special occasions by the Malay community in Malaysia. The color yellow signifies good fortune, wealth, and royalty.
Nasi Kuning / Turmeric Rice one at a time
- Add everything into a rice cooker container..
- Mix well and evenly..
- Then cook. The time depends on your rice cooker..
- About 15 minutes before fully cooked. Open the rice cooker. Then mix the rice evenly. Cook again..
- After finished cooking. Let it stah warm for 10-15 minutes..
- Then mix again evenly..
- Serve warm. Can be enjoyed with sambal goreng kentang, ayam goreng lengkuas and perkedel kentang..
Turmeric rice is a popular rice dish in Southeast Asia, especially in Indonesia we call it Nasi Kuning. The rich golden yellow color is perfect to celebrate special occasion such as birthday, wedding, baby shower, etc. The turmeric rice is usually stuffed into a cone-shape mould. Nasi kuning, literally "yellow rice" in Indonesian, gets its festive golden color from turmeric. As the showpiece of a major celebration such as a wedding or anniversary, the rice is molded into an inverted cone and served on a bed of banana leaves together with a grand spread of meat and vegetable.