Ghee Rice (Sauted). The Tastier Way to Cook Rice. by Kelli Foster. Save Comments (Image credit: Faith Durand) Rice is one of those practical staples that has about a million-and-one uses. On its own, the flavor is mild (if not somewhat bland), but a small addition to your cooking process just might change that.
Ghee rice is a South Indian variety of rice that goes very well with dals or veg gravies or korma. Ghee rice recipe is one of the most simplest one pot aromatic rice dishes that can be prepared in a jiffy. It is best served with a gravy side dish like kurma, Chicken gravy or Egg curry. You get ready sizzling brew Ghee Rice (Sauted) accepting 11 method furthermore 3 moreover. Here you are do justice.
compound of Ghee Rice (Sauted)
- You need 1 cup of Cooked basmathi rice.
- It's 3 tbsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 of Cardamom.
- You need 3 of Cloves.
- It's 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of Star anise.
- It's 1 tbsp of Splitted Cashews.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need As needed of Salt.
- It's of Garnish Coriander.
Ghee rice is quite a popular South Indian food that is mostly prepared for a special meal. It is often served in restaurants with a kurma curry or chicken curry or any egg or non-veg gravy. Rice is a staple food in south India and there are various recipes which either calls for direct use of rice or in its some other form like flour, etc. However, among all rice recipes, ghee rice is best recipe due to its simple preparation and heavenly incomparable taste.
Ghee Rice (Sauted) instructions
- Wash basmathi rice for 30 minutes. Drain the water and cook the rice by adding 1 tbsp of ghee, pinch of salt. Once rice cooked, let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee, once melted add cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, star anise and cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds done add cashews. once cashews turns golden add bit salt, and cooked rice. Saute for 30 sec and close with lid, let it be for 1 minute in low flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any gravy...
In this recipe, white button mushrooms are sautéed with a bit of olive oil, butter, onion, thyme, Worcestershire and soy sauce to make a well-seasoned, palate-pleasing dish. Restaurant Style Ghee Rice is a simple and delicious one-pot rice made using desi ghee (clarified butter) and whole spices like cinnamon ,cardamom ,cloves. Add more ghee to the pan if required. Fry the whole spices until fragrant. Add thinly sliced onion and saute until its raw smell is gone.